Flawless Dining Etiquette
Proper table manners really matter whether in business or social situations. No one wants to feel awkward or uncomfortable. Knowing what to do and how to do it is a great confidence builder.
You have a business dinner meeting with a potential new client at the country club or perhaps lunch at a restaurant frequented by the business's customers. Young or seasoned, the same rules apply.
Careers have been lost (or never started) for lack of even rudimentary understanding of basic etiquette rules.
Are you prepared? Everyone will be watching you like a hawk. Your employment is likely dependent on your ability to comfortably navigate the following:
- Understand the place setting
- Proper handling of the utensils
- Proper way to offer a toast
- Handling your napkin
- Excusing yourself from the table
- Proper use of the variety of glasses
- Using the bread plate
- How to pass food
- Handling unwanted food
- The soup course
- Dining Styles: American (Zig-Zag) vs. Worldwide (Continental).
- Proper cutting
- Proper resting
- Finishing the meal and positioning of utensils
- Eating a dessert
- Proper conversation
- Accidents while dining